The Norfolk Medical Group Business Office is here to help you with any financial or billing problems related to Norfolk Medical Group. If you have questions, please feel free to call one of the individuals listed at the end of this page.
COPAY policies and procedures
- We expect, as does your insurance company, that you will pay your copay at the time of your service. It is your responsibility to know if lab work and/or radiology procedures require a copay.
- We accept cash, personal checks, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express).
INSURANCE policies and procedures
- Please bring your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment. We will gladly send your charges to your insurance companies provided you supply us with all the needed information (which includes the full name, the birthdate and Social Security Number of the subscriber and the full name, the birth date and the social security number of the dependent if applicable.) If you do not give us the needed information, we will set up your account with SELF FILE and send you a claim form to submit to your insurance company.
- If your charges are due to a non-workers comp accident (i.e. Motor Vehicle Accident) our policy is to send the claim to the patient to file to the appropriate Liability Insurance responsible for the accident. If the Liability insurance denies your claim, we will submit to your private insurance. If your private insurance denies the claim, the patient is responsible for the charges. (EXCEPTION: Medicare patients who have an accident where another insurance is responsible, because Medicare NEVER pays in those cases until proof of the other insurance liability is disproved.)
- Workers compensation accidents – we send a claim to your employer, whose responsibility it is to file with their WC carrier.
STATEMENT policies and procedures
- We send statements on each individual account every thirty days.
- We will send you a statement after we have heard from your insurance company (EXCEPTION: Self File charges, see #1 above, will be billed to you initially). Hearing from them includes any denial of payment for such reasons as (a) they show another insurance is primary for you, (b) you need to contact them for other insurance information, (c) you need to contact them to provide accident information, etc.
- We expect payment in full after you receive your statement. If you cannot pay it in full, call our credit department at 844-8029 or 800-357-5213 ext 8029, to set up payment arrangements.
- If you fail to pay or contact us about payment arrangements, your account will enter our collection process.
INSURANCE participation – all our physicians are participating providers with:
- Nebraska Dept of Health and Human Services (Medicaid)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO and HMO)
- Accountable or Interplan Health
- ChoiceCare or Humana
- Coventry HealthCare of Nebraska
- First Health
- Midlands Choice
- Mutual of Omaha
- United HealthCare
- TriCare (not TriCare Prime)
If you have questions about insurance submission, you may contact the following personnel directly
- Medicare, Medicaid, County Medical, State Ward program – 844-8026
- BCBS – 844-8038
- Workers Comp – 844-8032
- other private insurances – 844-8000 ext 4232.
- Credit Department 844-8029 or 800-357-5213 ext 8029